We believe that good health is beautiful and attractive! The skin is the largest organ of the body. When our skin is healthy it acts as our primary immune barrier protecting the health of the body, it gives sensory feedback from millions of nerve endings affecting our overall well being and emotional state and gives us a beautiful and radiant appearance.
Our ingredients heal + protect.
- No harsh preservatives that disrupt the skin’s natural microbiome.
- No parabens or chemicals that penetrate the skin and disrupt the endocrine system.
- No nanoparticles of mineral components that can penetrate the skin.
- No blocking of pores, skin should be able to breath.
- No aggravation of inflammation.
- No artificial fragrances. All the aromas of our products are from natural essential oils that are chosen for their healing properties first. And yes, we think these combinations also smell amazing!
- Containers are BPA-free, recyclable, and/or compostable.
- Restore the integrity of sun or weather-damaged skin with moisturizing Hyaluronic acid, soothing and healing aloe and hydrating olive, coconut, and grapeseed oils.
- Complex carbohydrates holds moisture at the skin’s surface and mucilagenous herbs like slippery elm.
- Reduce inflammation with soothing and healing herbs including Calendula, Lemon Balm, Helichrysum, Rose, Rosemary, Elderberry.
- Restore the protective microbiome. Much like the microbiome in your gut, healthy skin has a sizeable ecosystem of its own. Damaging this ecosystem can weaken the skin’s defenses, making it more prone to attacks. Fermented plant products and reishi extract help reduce the impact of the many chemical assaults our skin undergoes on a daily basis.
- Restore collagen production with hyaluronic acid and reishi extract.
- Reduce oxidative aging due to UV with botanical antioxidant support.
- Reduce inflammation long term.
- Protect from UV damage through UV absorbing botanical oils like red raspberry, oat and wheat germ.
Our production does no harm.
We know that the health of society, the health of nature, and the health of the economy are interwoven. Our products are ambassadors for small-scale agriculture and convey a sensitivity to the natural heritage of our region. Our packaging and fragrances are designed to be gender-neutral and to encourage an expansive frame of mind.
We believe in the healing power of nature immersion and we distill that wild aspect into all of our products.
The Mountains to Sea team has a long and deep history in chemistry and natural product processing, although our individual paths along the way have certainly been unique. Matt and Leif both came out of the renewable energy industry, having built and run chemical processing facilities to convert natural ingredients into fuels to mobilize vehicles and run engines. Growing up on the coast of North Carolina, Amanda found her own in the Appalachian Mountains as a wild harvester, herbalist, and chemist.